a report on the search for the real meaning of life... or maybe not really



Arredores

Next

Random

List

Powered by Blogger Pro™
Site Meter



Tuesday, October 12, 2004  

Yes, I'm still alive, although I haven't been posting lately. It's just been pretty hard for me to sit down and do anything. On Saturday I went car hunting and narrowed down my search to two cars: a Toyota Solara and Honda Accord. However, I couldn't really decide on Saturday, because I didn't know if I could change my mind about moving cars (I first told to the relocation company that I wasn't going to move with any cars).

The reason why I was looking for cars here and not in Seattle is that I thought that the most I could get done here the better. Less things to run after when I get there.

On Monday I got the confirmation that I could still change my mind about moving cars, so I went back to the car dealer and made a deal (after staying there for a LONG time): I am an owner of a 2005 Honda Accord EXL. Leather seats, sunroof, XM satelite radio, 6 CD changer, 2-doors, 4 cylinder... It is a pretty nice car (at least I think so, although my parents wanted to convince me not to buy a 2-door car).

So there went Monday. I also boxed everything that I had in my office and lab and moved half home (the trunk of my new car could only fit 3 boxes, 2 bags and a small box; I still have 3 boxes to go). For you to have an idea how hectic Monday was, we only had time to have lunch at around 4 pm! Dinner at around 11:15 pm...

This morning I finished backing up everything from my ex-laptop and my home computer (the one I'm using right now) and I'm almost ready to go. The only thing left is to send some letters to the car place. They want proof that I will be able to pay them.

Anyway, it's time to go for lunch now... And then run around to get everything done.

posted by Michel | 9:18 AM
Comments: Post a Comment