a report on the search for the real meaning of life... or maybe not really



Arredores

Next

Random

List

Powered by Blogger Pro™
Site Meter



Monday, October 04, 2004  

Why things just don't simplify, instead of getting more and more complicated each day? Sorry for not posting yesterday. Life was just a little strange, trying to work at home because I didn't have my lab key... My roommate had a big meeting in the living room during the whole afternoon (he actually asked me if it was ok with me, but didn't specify that 10 people were going to be involved. He said: "I have to work on the props for J-Night in the living room. Is there any problem with you?" Well, him working on things, cutting paper, is not a problem with me, but 10 people was a problem with me! Especially because I was having lunch when all these people started showing up...).

Anyway, I'm really not angry at him about that, I'm just angry at myself for not asking for details about this "work". I learned, though! And I was even able to work some and almost get a good part of my research headache done with. Today I have started phase II.

But the thing that complicated my life most this week is that a friend was going to have her birthday party on Friday, but suddenly today she changed it for Wednesday! Problem: I had already organized a dinner with my friends in the lab for Wednesday! I can't cancel it right now... What will happen is that I'll have to go to the dinner with the lab people and then go to this friend's house for dessert. Providing that I'll have a car for that, because I remember my roommate has lots of other plans for his Wednesday. But I can always ask for a ride... It shouldn't be a problem.

Now I'll go back to work, and back to waiting for the relocation people to call me. If I don't get any message from them until around 7 pm, I'll have to send an email to the recruiter and ask what is going on, if everything is still alright. It would be really nice if I knew when I am going to move as soon as possible!

Just for an useful thing, check bugmenot.com. It is a nice website that provides you with logins and passwords for websites that require free registration to access their content. The idea behind it is that you can access it without giving your email to the company, decreasing your chance of getting spam. If you are already registered to some websites, you can give to bugmenot.com your username and password for other people to use it. Clever!

posted by Michel | 2:13 PM
Comments: Post a Comment