a report on the search for the real meaning of life... or maybe not really



Arredores

Next

Random

List

Powered by Blogger Pro™
Site Meter



Tuesday, October 12, 2004  

The last post is approaching really fast. In the early morning tomorrow the movers will be here to take all my stuff. And this includes this computer... Sometime later in the day (I think it will be later, because so far I didn't get any calls from them), another company will be passing by to take my new car. Then I won't have much... A week worth of clothes, some books and paperwork with information about what to do when I get to Seattle and so on.

Actually I found out that I won't have a car all the time. It is estimated that it will take 12 days for my car to arrive in Seattle and I will have a rental car only for 7 of those. But I guess it won't be a problem. I'll try to schedule my week to compensate for all that.

Talking about scheduling, one of the most difficult things I have to do until tomorrow morning is to build my list of apartments and houses to visit once I get there. With the list, I will look at the map and define an optimal schedule for visiting the places and start calling around to see if my optimal schedule is compatible with the renter's schedule. It is going to be very hectic and requiring lots of planning and organized execution. But it should be doable!

Besides that, I guess that there isn't much to tell... I was very nervous this morning and early afternoon, but right now I'm just busy and getting things done. One of the things that is getting done right now is laundry! So off I go to get my clothes from the dryer.

Oh, yes, I forgot one small detail: the car transportation company asked me to give them the car with less than 1/4 of the tank of gas. Uhm... When I bought the car yesterday they gave a full tank! How can I use 3/4 of a tank if I don't really have free time? I'll leave my car on for the evening and sleep inside it, I guess... :-)

And they also asked me to wash the car. They gave me a washed car but yesterday it was raining... Now my car is all dusty! So I'll have to find some time until tomorrow to wash it. Hopefully the car people will pass by the end of the afternoon and the packing people would leave in the morning, giving me time to do all this (well, it's not that I'll have much else to do anyway).

posted by Michel | 2:26 PM
Comments: Post a Comment