a report on the search for the real meaning of life... or maybe not really



Arredores

Next

Random

List

Powered by Blogger Pro™
Site Meter



Thursday, October 07, 2004  

I'm sorry, but I have to post this:

U.S. gets election advice from outsiders. It is actually a very interestin articles about some problems with the US electoral system that people don't really realize. First of them is that who counts the votes are affiliated with a certain party. Then they go to the e-voting and touch screen systems that don't print any paper confirmation. Without this kind of confirmation, if there is any doubt about the result, it may be impossible to check!

They have a good point there, but it goes back to my "paperless world plan". People are still too worried with the fact that computers are unreliable. They are a big black box and nobody really understands what is going on. You always have to add a paper redundancy to give assurance to the people that you won't loose the information.

It's the same thing as when I was talking about transforming the place I used to do internship at in Brazil. I put forth the idea, but the secretaries and financial analysis department said that they couldn't do that, because they needed the papers to make sure they weren't going to loose the data! That's why you can add any amount of redundancy and backup you want on a computer system!

Oh, well, society has to change before we get anywhere with my "master plan". I'm patient.

posted by Michel | 12:06 PM
Comments: Post a Comment