a report on the search for the real meaning of life... or maybe not really



Arredores

Next

Random

List

Powered by Blogger Pro™
Site Meter



Saturday, September 18, 2004  

This is the fourth post that Blogger is saying that it's my 1,005th... Maybe I should really count the number of posts I had to make sure I reached the 1,000th post, as I claimed before.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of blogging lately. It was Jewish New Year, and I was pretty busy with all the things related to it. But it's been a pretty good new year so far, I can't complain. I got some emails from people that I thought have forgotten me, or that appeared from nowhere. I also had a wonderful time at services in Ponca City and then in Tulsa.

I have talked about the services in Ponca City already, so it's time to talk about Tulsa yesterday. First I got there and met some people that I haven't seen for almost one year. They were glad to see me, but when I told them that most probably it will be the last time I'll have time to participate on the services there, they told me to drop the job in Seattle and said that they would find me a job in Tulsa. They didn't have any luck initially asking the people around there if any of them needed an Electrical Engineering Ph.D. so they kind of dropped the subject.

After services I went to a luncheon for "young adults". It was in a very nice house from one guy from the community. The age range was in the late 20s to mid 30s, with lots of very well-educated people (most of them weren't actually born in Oklahoma), or should I say, very well-educated couples with their kids. I guess there were only two people there that didn't take a "couple", a guy that works at American Airlines and I. And all the couples either had at least a child around, or the wife was pragnant. But this didn't keep me from having great conversations about many different things.

Then I passed by Stacy's work (and you can get more information about it on her blog), bought a gift to give to a friend that invited me (and Stacy, if she didn't have to work today), besides some other people for lunch today. Then I drove back to Stillwater because my roommate wanted the car to go out on a date. When I got there he ended up not leaving with the car, but it was alright. I went to my room, did some cleaning, some research, email writing, then dinner, a long conversation with Stacy (that even finished with my cell phone bateries) and then I went to bed to wake up early this morning and come to my office to work.

Right now I'm actually very late on my research plans, because I had to finish one paper that was almost finished... When I reread it, I decided that it wasn't good enough, so I decided to start all over again! Lots of work!

posted by Michel | 9:37 AM
Comments: Post a Comment