a report on the search for the real meaning of life... or maybe not really



Arredores

Next

Random

List

Powered by Blogger Pro™
Site Meter



Sunday, November 16, 2003  

Every day I learn that teaching by example is not the best way to really make people learn. It gives people a better world to live, but that's all they feel about it, I guess.

Anyway, I did go to meet Stacy on Friday evening. We had a good time having dinner together but I was so tired that I can't say we did much more than that that night. Just too little sleep and lots of things going on in my mind. On Saturday morning we went out for breakfast (almost brunch) and then Stacy had to go do her mannequin and I came back to Stillwater to continue working.

I ended up not working until late, actually. I had to buy groceries, do laundry and have dinner and when I got ready to leave it was almost 9 p.m. already. And this is the time I had one of the creepiest experiences. I started walking to the office and there was a thick fog outside. This, by itself, is very unusual here. There was nobody walking around or driving. Then I started hearing some sirens from far... It sounded like ambulances. Then I started to hear bells tolling from the distance. I felt like it was somehow the end of the world there. Nobody, chaos, religion.

Of course the world didn't end, but it was surely, as a friend of mine put later, a great movie scene! It is amazing how the campus looks much nicer, and scarier, in a foggy cold (but not that cold) night.

Alright, time for me to go back to work here. Long day ahead still.

posted by Michel | 10:16 AM
Comments: Post a Comment