a report on the search for the real meaning of life... or maybe not really



Arredores

Next

Random

List

Powered by Blogger Pro™
Site Meter



Sunday, November 30, 2003  

Actually, just to talk a little bit more about Friday Five, there is one question that made me think a little: 4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it?

I did get an allowance, but the amount changed so fast because of the wonderful inflation we had in Brazil at the time I was getting it that I really can't remember the numbers any more. Actually, most of the time I wouldn't receive in money but in choosing what I wanted to get because having cash was one of the worst things you could do back in those days.

Anyway, just because I'm posting and not working on my paper, I just would like to mention that I did finish Clarice Lispector's book this morning. I woke up pretty early today from a strange dream (combine research, projects and the beach - that was my dream!) and decided to finish the book. I had only 50 pages left (well, the book is 170 pages long, with large fonts). It is very interesting, indeed. Makes you think about what life really is, what should be your objectives. Not that I really agree with all her ideas, but I was delighted mostly by the way they were exposed. Anyway, I like books that are hard to read.

posted by Michel | 9:05 AM
Comments: Post a Comment